#FNF

On a recent visit back "home" to handle business, I stopped by my former employer AKA the last school that I worked at. Everyone that saw me, and I have to say it's been well over a year, commented or complimented me on how I am looking these days. Days. I have lost a considerable amount of weight, my hair has grown longer, I have a bounce in my step, and I guess I look happy and I look good. Good. I count it all joy; and yes, I do feel good and am happy because I just am. Am. I give all credit and all praise to God for that; where I am in life is all because of him and ultimately [read: finally], listening to him and being obedient.

One of my co-workers said "I guess this is how it looks when you stress free", and I have to agree, because this is how it is and how it looks to be stress free especially for me. In the words of a young rapper by the name of GloRilla, "I'm F-R-E-E f#ck n---a free", and it's wonderful. It's like reaching a long awaited break or vacation: you can breathe easy, do exactly what you want to, and be totally carefree, if you so choose. If you're a teacher, it's like getting to the summer break. Long awaited. Highly lauded. Unrestricted. 

As for me, it's been the most freeing and exhilarating time of my life because I dove into the beautiful abyss of Brandy - learning, growing, exploring, and knowing that this is me. Who I really am. Who I am meant to be. Who I have learned to love, pour into, celebrate, enjoy, cater to, put into check, and honor.

Not because of somebody's son, but because of the absence of him. So, shout out to those of you who, too, are #FNF. Relish in it. Cherish it. Grow on and glow on.

...and get ready for The One.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runaway Love

Things Fall Apart: Dreams

New Year. New You? Same Resolutions...